ISLAMABAD, January11, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and adopted three supplementary resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 6th sitting of the 15th session:
- The House met for an hour and 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1510 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty (34%) legislators were present at the start and 60 (41%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of MMAP, PPPP and BAP attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority members were present.
- The Minister for Finance introduced the KP Amendment of Certain Fiscal Laws Bill, 2021.
- The House adopted three supplementary resolutions which demanded to take strict action against the culprits of Mach incident, provide internet facility in Teshil Barawal of Upper Dir District and ban two-finger test for examination of sexual assault survivors.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of ten starred questions while remaining two questions were lapsed due to absence of movers. In addition, the lawmakers asked two supplementary questions.
- The Chair admitted an adjournment motion of PPPP lawmaker for detailed discussion which was regarding the lack of basic amenities of life in newly merged districts of KP.
- Another adjournment motion was not taken up due to the mover’s absence.
- A privilege motion of PTI lawmaker was deferred on the request of mover.
- Special Assistant to Chief Minister for Higher Education and Minister for Law responded to two Call Attention Notices regarding issuance of fake degrees by Islamia College University, Peshawar and abolition of quota in educational institutions of Punjab for students of erstwhile FATA, respectively.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again January 12, 2021(Tuesday) at 1400 Hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Punjab Assembly witnessed introduction of five government bills on Friday which were referred to the relevant committees for consideration, observes…
ISLAMABAD, March 4, 2021: The National Assembly proceeded for only five minutes on Thursday and was prorogued without taking up any agenda, observes Free and…