ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2014: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was informed on Friday that a meeting of police and security officials with the government representatives would soon be convened to finalize strategy on prevailing law and order, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Provincial Minister for Finance told the House during third sitting of its 10th session that the Chief Minister, provincial ministers, parliamentary secretaries, chief secretary and IGP would soon have a meeting to discuss strategy on maintaining law and order in the province.
Fourteen lawmakers participated in the debate which continued for two hours and 16 minutes. Three lawmakers from QWP, two each from JUI-F, JI, PML-N, ANP, PTI and one legislator from AJIP took part in the debate.
Tabled by JUI-F lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution regarding provision of vehicles to chairmen of Deduct Committees.
Forty-three members were present at the outset while 31 at the adjournment of the sitting. The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings:
- The KP Assembly met for four hours.
- The sitting started at 1550 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours, witnessing a delay of 50 minutes.
- The House had two prayer breaks for an hour and 17 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of AJIP, PPPP, JUI-F and ANP attended the sitting.
- Forty-three members were present at the outset and 31 at the time of adjournment of the proceedings.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Five members applied for leave.
- Tabled by JUI-F lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution regarding provision of vehicles to chairmen of Deduct Committees.
Representation and Responsiveness:
- Fourteen lawmakers participated in the debate which continued for two hours and 16 minutes. Three legislators from QWP, two each from JUI-F, JI, PML-N, ANP, PTI and one lawmaker from AJIP took part in the debate.
- QWP lawmakers discussed the law and order situation in the province for 54 minutes followed by PML-N (23 minutes), ANP (15 minutes), JI (14 minutes), JUI-F (12 minutes) and nine minutes each by PTI lawmakers and one AJIP legislator.
Order and Institutionalization
- No point of order was raised by any of the member.
- No instance of protest, walkout or boycott was witnessed during the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN, a member organization of FAFEN
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…