- Session prorogued
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The National Assembly left 75 percent of its agenda unaddressed and was prorogued on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 15th sitting of the 35th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 11:42 am against the scheduled time of 11:00 am.
- The deputy speaker chaired the entire sitting in the absence of speaker.
- The leaders of the house (Prime Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 59 (17 percent) lawmakers were present at the outset and 79 (23 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Seven minority lawmakers were present.
- Minister for aviation division presented the Pakistan Civil Aviation Ordinance, 2021.
- The House did not consider four bills and two reports of standing committee on finance and revenue regarding the Government Savings Bank (Amendment) Bill, 2021 and the Post Office National Savings Certificates (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Minister of State for parliamentary affairs responded to a calling attention notice (CAN) regarding collection of television fee from mosques.
- Another CAN about delay in completion of Golen Gol Hydropower project and laying of Chitral-Chakdara national transmission lines was not taken up.
- The House adopted a motion of thanks to the President for his addressed to Parliament.
- The House took up six out of 19 starred questions, while lawmakers asked 13 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four lawmakers including Minister for aviation spoke on points of order for 18 minutes.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…