ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Punjab Assembly deferred six private members’ resolutions and three legislative proposals on Thursday, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the eleventh sitting of 34th session:
- The House met for 46 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:29 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition were absent.
- As many as 124 MPAs (33 percent) were present at the outset and 98 (26 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the Minister for law, the House passed the NAMAL University Mianwali Bill, 2021, while another bill – the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2021 – was referred to the relevant committee for consideration.
- Six private members’ resolutions and three bills on the agenda were deferred.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up one out of 34 starred questions while lawmakers also asked four supplementary questions. The Chair deferred remaining starred questions till next sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of order for six minutes.
- The House to meet again on Friday, August 13, 2021 at 09:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…