ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2016: The National Assembly passed a government bill on Thursday during 10th sitting of 29th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for three hours and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1034 hours against its scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 56 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceeding.
- The Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Ten Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 24 MNAs (6%) were present at outset and 51(15%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-Z, JI, ANP, QWP-S and APML were present.
- Seven minority members were present.
- The House passed the National University of Sciences and Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016 with majority vote. Eight lawmakers debated the bill for 15 minutes.
- A member of the Standing Committee on Defence Production presented the Periodical Report of the committee. The report of the Standing Committee on Planning, Development & Reforms could not be presented due to absence of the concerned lawmaker.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government orally responded to nine out of 39 starred questions appearing on the agenda. The lawmakers asked 11 supplementary questions as well.
- The government replied to two Calling Attention Notices regarding financial crisis of Pakistan Post and decline in the textile exports of the country.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on 19 points of order consuming 57 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on website of National Assembly.
To download the factsheet in Urdu, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2020: The 21st Session of National Assembly was prorogued on Friday after concluding debate on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 13, 2020: The members of both sides of the aisle in National Assembly continued discussion on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2020: The National Assembly on Monday met after a gap of around two months to discuss the situation arising out of the…