ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Friday and discussed women rights and governance related matters, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during eighth sitting of the 35th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:15 pm against the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The deputy speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of speaker.
- The leaders of the house (Prime Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 47 (14 percent) lawmakers were present at the outset and 34 (10 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider 22 bills, 17 reports of standing committees, 19 resolutions, five motions under rule 259 and three amendments in rules of procedure and conduct of business in National Assembly, 2007.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House neither observed question hour nor took up two calling attention notices appearing on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twenty-seven lawmakers spoke on points of order for an hour and 18 minutes related women rights and governance issues.
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 05:51 pm which was found incomplete upon counting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, August 2, 2021 at 05:00 pm.
- Orders of the day was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…