ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Punjab Assembly was adjourned without addressing agenda on the second consecutive day in protest against the non-production of detained lawmaker in the House, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the sixth sitting of 34th session:
- The House met for nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:15 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was not present
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 41 MPAs (11 percent) were present at the outset and 125 (34 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leader attended the proceedings.
- One out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not consider the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House neither observed question hour nor considered zero hour notices.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Chair adjourned the session over non-implementation on his order issued for production of a detained PTI lawmaker in the House.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, August 02, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…