ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 1st sitting of 37th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:24 pm against the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was not present.
- The leaders of the house (Prime Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 84 (24 percent) lawmakers were present at the outset and nine (three percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, BAP and GDA attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan.
- The House did not consider legislative agenda including two ordinances and one government bill.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not consider five motions for consideration of as many bills in the joint sitting of the Parliament, two calling attention notices and a motion of thanks to the President.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twenty-four lawmakers spoke on points of orders for an hour and 22 minutes. They paid tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, late Member of National Assembly Muhammad Pervaiz Malik and late legendary actor Umer Sharif.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, October 15, 2021 at 11:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2021: The Senate transacted entire agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings' time on points of…