ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and opposition, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the 16th sitting of 20th session:
- The House met for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 03:30 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the proceedings for an hour and 15 minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by the deputy speaker.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition were absent.
- As many as 62 MPAs (43 percent) were present at the outset and 59 (41 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of ANP, PPPP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Minister for labor introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Partnership (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of ten starred questions, while the lawmakers asked four supplementary questions.
- The House took up two calling attention notices (CANs) regarding closure of two girls’ schools in Dir Lower (PK-16) and land transfer issues in the province.
- A PTI lawmaker withdrew his privilege motion while an adjournment motion was deferred after consent of the mover.
Order and Institutionalization
- Six lawmakers spoke on points of order for 15 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, October 18, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2021: The Senate transacted entire agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings' time on points of…