ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2021: The National Assembly continued general discussion on the federal budget for the financial year 2021-22 and 33 lawmakers took part in the debate, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 14th sitting of the 34th session:
- The House met for 11 hours and 15 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 10:02 am against the scheduled time of 10:00 am.
- The speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The deputy speaker presided over the sitting for 32 minutes, while the remaining sitting was chaired by two members of panel of chairpersons.
- The leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- A total of 20 lawmakers (six percent) were present at the outset and 26 (eight percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP and GDA attended the sitting.
- Seven out of ten minority lawmakers were also present during the proceedings.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Thirty-three lawmakers participated in general discussion on federal budget for the financial year 2021-22 and consumed eight hours and 55 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- An MMAP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 01:51 pm which led to the suspension of the proceedings for 37 minutes.
- Seventeen lawmakers spoke on points of order for an hour and 22 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, June 25, 2021 at 11:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Friday and discussed women rights and governance related matters, observes…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Punjab Assembly was adjourned without addressing agenda on the second consecutive day in protest against the non-production of detained lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed 72 percent of its proceedings in points of order related to electricity load-shedding in…