ISLAMABAD, July 17, 2013: A PMLN lawmaker took oath in the first sitting of the third session of the Balochistan Assembly on Wednesday. The Speaker prorogued the session at the end of the proceedings.
The sitting scheduled at 1800 hours started 10 minutes late and ended at 1909 hours.
The Speaker chaired the proceedings and administered the oath in the presence of the Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition. The parliamentary leaders of ANP, JUI, NP and PMLN also attended the sitting.
MPAs spoke on seven Points of Order consuming 54 minutes of the sitting. Through Points of Order members condemned the wide spread terrorism and targeted killings and offered fatiha for the victims.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 59 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1810 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1800 hours, witnessing the delay of 10 minutes
- The Speaker chaired the proceedings.
- An MPA who has recently joined PMLN took oath administered by the speaker.
- A maximum 44 members were present at the start while 42 were there at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Chief Minister, Leader of the Opposition and the parliamentary leaders of ANP, JUI, NP and PMLN were also present during the proceedings.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- None of the members applied for leave.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seven Points of Order were raised consuming 54 minutes of the session.
- No protests/walkouts were observed during the sitting.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted three resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, August 06, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted three resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…