ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed 72 percent of its proceedings in points of order related to electricity load-shedding in the province and inflation, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 1st sitting of the 20th session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 11:30 am against the scheduled time of 10:00 am.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting, while the deputy speaker was also present.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty legislators (34 percent) were present at the outset and 53 (37 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of ANP and PML-N attended the proceedings.
- Three out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up the KP Registration of Godowns Bill, 2021 and the KP Science, Technology and Innovation Endowment Fund Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Two calling attention notices on the agenda were lapsed due to absence of movers, while a privilege motion against Principal of Middle School, Jehangirpura was deferred on mover’s request.
Order and Institutionalization
- Fourteen lawmakers spoke on points of order for an hour and five minutes related to electricity load-shedding in the province and overall inflation in the country.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, August 2, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…