- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2019: The Punjab Assembly approved 40 Supplementary Demands for Grants for the financial year 2018-19 amid protest of the opposition on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 12th sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for an hours and 32 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1615 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 17 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for 42 minutes.
- The Provincial Minister for Finance attended the entire proceedings.
- As many as 70 MPAs (19%) were present at the outset and 120 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved 40 Supplementary Demands for Grants for the fiscal year 2018-19. The opposition lawmakers submitted cut motions on one Demand for Grant related to police department which was rejected by the House. Three PML-N lawmakers spoke on it for 17 minutes.
- The Provincial Minister for Finance tabled the Authenticated Schedule of authorized expenditures for the year 2018-2019.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Provincial Minister for Finance spoke for four minutes on the Supplementary Budget 2018-19 while the Leader of the House also expressed his views on it for ten minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- PML-N lawmakers protested for 22 minutes on floor of the House during the approval process of Supplementary Demands for Grants. Later, they walked out of the House at 1737 hours and did not return to the House till adjournment of the sitting.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, May 20, 2020: The district administrations struggled to regulate the prices of the essential items amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. During the third week of…
ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2020: The 21st Session of National Assembly was prorogued on Friday after concluding debate on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 14, 2020: The requisitioned Session of Senate was prorogued on Thursday after two days debate on measures to tackle COVID-19, observes the Free…