ISLAMABAD, September 7, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed law and order situation in the province and urged the provincial government to take measures to bring down the crime ratio, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of 24th session:
- The House met for three hours and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1536 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for 56 minutes while the rest of the sitting was presided over by panel of chairperson. The Speaker was not present in the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 21 (5%) MPAs were present at the outset and 23 (6%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up 13 out of 15 starred questions while two questions were disposed of due to absence of their movers. In addition, lawmakers asked 24 supplementary questions.
- The House took up an adjournment motion moved by a PML lawmaker regarding disaster due to flood in Tehsil Bhera and Bhalwal. Another adjournment motion moved by another PML lawmaker regarding use of tires as fuel by illegal factories in Lahore was deferred due to absence of relevant minister.
- Law Minister responded one Calling Attention Notice while another was deferred on his request. One CAN was lapsed due to absence of mover.
- As many as 11 lawmakers debated law and order situation of the province in the House consuming an hour and 35 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as five lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming ten minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 8, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and consumed 43 percent of the proceedings’ time in debate on matters…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…