ISLAMABAD, July 29, 2021: The Punjab Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Thursday in protest against the non-production of detained lawmaker in the House, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the fifth sitting of 34th session:
- The House met for 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:22 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was not present
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 49 MPAs (13 percent) were present at the outset and 120 (32 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leader attended the proceedings.
- As many as three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not consider two bills including the University of South Asia, Lahore (Amendment) Bill 2021 and the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment)Bill 2021.
- A private member’s resolution on the agenda also remained unaddressed.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House neither observed question hour nor took up calling attention notices appearing on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three lawmakers spoke on points of order for 17 minutes related to non-production of detained PTI lawmaker in the House despite issuance of production order by the Speaker.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, July 30, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…