ISLAMABAD, July 25, 2013: The Deputy Speaker adjourned the first sitting of the third session on Thursday following the demise of Special Secretary of the Punjab Assembly Dr. Aftab Maqbool Joiya, reports the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet based on direct observation of the parliamentary proceedings.
The eight-minute sitting started at 1137 hours and ended at 1145 hours. The proceedings were delayed by an hour and 37 minutes.
The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting while his counterpart – the Leader of the Opposition – was present.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1137 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1000 hours. The proceedings started one hour and 37 minutes late.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting.
- The Chief Minister was absent while the Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leader of Jamaat-e-Islami was present.
- A total of 194 Members attended the proceedings.
- Three minority Members were present.
- None of the Members applied for leave.
Output, Representation and Responsiveness
- None of the agenda on the List of Business was taken up by the House.
Order and Institutionalization
· Lawmakers raised two Points of Order consuming a minute of the proceedings.
- The MPAs attendance was documented.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization, a member organization of FAFEN
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab left most of its agenda unaddressed on Friday due to confrontation between treasury and…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Punjab Assembly deferred six private members’ resolutions and three legislative proposals on Thursday, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab left its entire agenda unaddressed on Monday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…