ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2021: The Punjab Assembly held general discussion on supplementary budget for the year 2020-21 and twenty-four lawmakers participated in it, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the tenth sitting of the 33rd session:
- The House met for two hours and 47 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:14 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for 48 minutes, the deputy speaker for 19 minutes while remaining sitting was chaired by a member of panel of chairpersons.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 73 MPAs (20 percent) were present at the outset and 27 (seven percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- As many as four out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty-four lawmakers participated in debate on supplementary budget for the year 2020-21 and consumed two hours and 22 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of order for three minutes related to governance issue.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…