ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The requisitioned session of Senate was prorogued on Friday after completing debate on all five motions under Rule 218, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of 294th session:
- The House met for two hours and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 14 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 18 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 13 lawmakers (12%) were present at the outset and 22 (21%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, MQM, PkMAP, ANP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- As many as two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of the House concluded debate on clubbed motions under Rule 218 regarding dissolution of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), restriction on media and economic situation of the country. He spoke on it for 26 minutes while 12 lawmakers including the Leader of the Opposition earlier debated it for an hour and 34 minutes.
- The House debated two motions during the same session earlier regarding alleged political victimization and curfew in Srinagar.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of order for three minutes.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 6, 2019: The National Assembly was adjourned without addressing the regular business due to lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, December 5, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh took up most of the agenda on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, December 5, 2019: The National Assembly was adjourned on Thursday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…