ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the sixth sitting of 23rd session:
- The House met for two hours and 35 minutes; however, the proceeding remained suspended for 20 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 03:15 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the proceedings for an hour and two minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by the deputy speaker.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 26 MPAs (15 percent) were present at the outset and 31 (18 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PTI, MQMP, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai on his 278th Urs. Nineteen lawmakers spoke on it for an hour and 23 minutes.
- The House did not consider five private members’ resolutions, two private members’ bills and a motion for consideration of ten private members’ bills.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House neither observed question hour nor took up a privilege motion and an adjournment motion.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, September 24, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…