ISLAMABAD, April 18, 2016: The 9th sitting of the Sindh Assembly’s ongoing session was cut short on Monday due to demise of PPPP lawmaker Sardar Muhammad Muqeem Khan Khoso , says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The sitting started 76 minutes behind the schedule with 50 members (30%) present at the start and 66 (39%) at the time of adjournment. The House offered prayers for the departed soul.
The House left its entire agenda unaddressed due to the suspension of proceeding following passage of a motion moved by Senior Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Nisar Ahmed Khuhro.
The agenda included consideration of the Sindh Employees’ Old-age Benefits (Amendment) Bill 2016; five Calling Attention Notices (CANs), a privilege motion and an adjournment motion.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1116 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister was not present.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for 31 minutes.
- 50 lawmakers (30%) were present at the start and 66 (39%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members were present.
- The House did not consider any agenda item due to the demise of a sitting Member of Provincial Assembly of Sindh.
Order and Institutionalization
- One Point of Order consumed one minute of the Proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2020: The seventh session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued sine die after addressing most of the agenda on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Wednesday to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Syed…
ISLAMABAD, January 8, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed three government bills on Wednesday skipping their mandatory reference to the standing committees while the…