Balochistan Assembly: One Resolution Adopted By the House
ISLAMABAD, February, 2013: The 2nd sitting of the 40th session of the Balochistan Assembly adopted a resolution over the unsatisfactory law and order situation in the province after the imposition of Governor’s rule.
Low attendance of members was observed in the sitting that lasted for two hours and 40 minutes.
The Speaker chaired the entire sitting whereas the Deputy Speaker was absent. None of the party heads except for those of JUI and PML (Q) were present in the sitting.
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1725 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1600 hours. The proceedings started an hour and 25 minutes late.
- The Speaker chaired throughout the sitting whereas the Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The parliamentary leaders of JUI and the PML (Q) attended the session.
- Thirteen (20%) members were present at the outset while the same number of 13 (20%) members was sighted at the end of the sitting. The maximum members observed at one point of the sitting were 14.
- One minority member was present.
- A 35 minutes prayers break was observed by the House.
- The house adopted a resolution that was moved by a member belonging to MMA expressing concern over the unsatisfactory law and order situation in the province after the imposition of Governor’s rule.
Order and institutionalization
- Four points of order consumed 40 minutes of the sitting time. None of the POs attracted the chairs ruling.
- There were no protests, walkouts or boycotts during the session.
- Orders of the day were not available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…