ISLAMABAD, September 11, 2013: Two bills – the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Explosives Bill 2013 and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Explosive Substance Bill 2013 – were passed during the second sitting of the provincial assembly’s fourth session on Wednesday.
All the five starred questions on the orders of the day were taken up. The legislators asked eight supplementary questions.
The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting. The Speaker chaired the 57-minute long sitting.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for 57 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1605 hours, witnessing a delay of one hour and five minutes against the scheduled starting time of 1500 hours.
- There were 37 legislators at the time of outset and 71 at the end of the sitting. A maximum of 71 members were present at one point during the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- The House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Explosives Bill 2013 and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Explosive Substance Bill 2013. The bills were moved by the Law Minister.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The five starred questions on the agenda were taken up. Relevant Minister responded all the questions. Additionally eight supplementary questions were asked.
Order and Institutionalization
- A Point of Order consuming one minute of the proceedings was raised.
- There were no protests/boycotts/walkouts during the sitting.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information of members’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN a member organization of FAFEN
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…