- Session prorogued
ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2021: The Senate transacted entire agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings’ time on points of public importance, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the fourth and last sitting of 314th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 10:32 am against the scheduled time of 10:30 am.
- The chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The deputy chairman was also present.
- The leader of the house attended the entire sitting.
- The opposition leader was present for two hours and 22 minutes.
- As many as 34 lawmakers (34%) were present at the outset and 19 (19%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PTI, PPPP, JI and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Three out of four minority lawmaker were present.
- The House passes six motions under rule 194 (1) granting extension to four standing committees for presentation of reports on matters and bills referred to them.
- The House passed a motion under rule 196 (1) and adopted the report regarding provision of electricity to Makran Division through establishment of power projects in the area.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out 24 starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked 24 supplementary questions.
- Minister for aviation responded to two calling attention notices (CAN) about over-booking and cancellation of flights of various Airlines and serious construction flaws in the building of New Islamabad International Airport.
- Minister for railways tabled an authenticated copy of the Address of the President to the Parliament. He also moved a motion of thanks to the President for his address to both the Houses assembled together on September 13, 2021.
- As many as 10 lawmakers spoke on points of public importance for 46 minutes regarding hike in prices of petroleum products.
Order and Institutionalization
- The opposition staged walkout from the House at 12:52 pm against hike in prices of petroleum products and did not return till end of the sitting at 12:58 pm.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…